Mayra

October 06, 2008

Anatomy course & Autumn


1. Today for the first time I saw cadaver in anatomy course. In the beginning I didn't feel well. I could not look at the cadaver when professor was talking about it. Actually today's course was not so effective for me. It was strange, because before I was thinking why some students are afraid of cadaver during the course or don't like it so much, today I found out its answer. At the end of the class I had vomiting feeling.....

2. Autumn season really arrived to this city. Although I become a bit sad when summer finishes and have to work twice as much, but this colorful city doesn't let me stay in this feeling:-)

3.The whole week I'm at the different faculties of University, and this is quite good because I know more students in different subjects but it is not so easy; at least for me; to move so much around. I have to learn a lot in this year.

4. In our floor in student house there was a chines guy. He was a strange boy that I haven't ever seen like him. He didn't use washing liquid at all for washing his dishes. He didn't talk to others, cause he could not speak English well. He never ate fruit or dairy and it was so funny, whatever that you told him, he just answered yes yes yes but nothing was changing..he always ate pasta with rice, unbelievable!!
He used to chat early in the morning, just imagine at5 o'clock with a very loud voice. And most important thing of the story was that he was doing postdoc in chemistry. He was not able to recognize some easy process in the kitchen or at least didn't want to care about it. Once his wife came to visit him. They became two, my God , they made messy every where specially the girls toilet became horrible.
I saw some others Chinese, and most of them have some strange behaviors, for example they don't speak with others or don't care about anything.
Anyway he left here and other Chinese came to our floor, we were so upset because we thought the story was starting again, but no! He is a different man. He seems to come from another county.
I just saw him in the kitchen, and he was cooking his dinner not like his country man, and he has good relationship with the others. I would say he is normal and changed my mind about Chinese people.

2 Comments:

  • I still remember my cadaver lab. It was a 6 month long course. My car smelled like cadaver at the end of the 6th month and I remember I could not eat meat when we were working on muscle tissues. My cadaver was an old man who died of cancer. When we were done with the lab I almost missed him. I was used to seeing him every day for months.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, October 07, 2008  

  • funny about Chinese, we are so different and at S.said, I think I understand you developed an attachment senses to the old body!! that is where used to it come from!:)

    By Blogger Alireza, at Thursday, October 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Maryam's bookshelf: read

Tempted

More of Maryam's books »
Maryam's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists